Key Danger Signals
1. Leaking in Attic after driving rain. Possible causes: Leaky or inadequate shingle underlayment: deteriorating flashing.
2. Blistering and/or peeling of outside paint. Possible cause: Excessive moisture of high humidity due to poor attic ventilation.
3. Stains on interior ceilings and walls. Possible cause: Inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment allowing leakage from ice dams.
4. Roof shingle sheathing, and siding decay. Possible cause: Poor attic ventilation
5. Missing, cracked or curling shingles. Possible cause: Shingles have reached their useful life.
6. Dark, "dirty-looking" areas on your roof. Possible causes: Environmental pollutants; vegetation, fungus or algae growth due to age of shingles.
7. Excessive energy cost. Possible cause. Insufficient attic ventilation causes heating/cooling system to run excessively.
Gordon H. Chandler Roofing & Consulting, Inc.
122 Lydia Ann Rd.
Smithfield, RI 02917
Tel (401) 232 - 3420
Fax (401) 232 - 0124